JCI expands Supported Employment Services to include an evidence-based, individual placement and support employment model for persons with mental health and substance abuse barriers.
This national evidence-based practice model assists individuals with chronic and persistent mental illness and substance abuse disorders. Intensive supports are used to promote recovery and stability within one's local community as they transition into competitive employment. IPS teams service residents of Johnston and Harnett Counties and are a community-based program operated out of JCI's Behavioral Health Services Division.
What does IPS provide?
- Identification of employment goals
- Individualized benefits counseling
- Integration of vocational services with mental health and/or substance abuse services
- Peer mentoring
- Rapid job search & job development
What are our Core Values?
- Zero Exclusion - no one is excluded on the basis of mental health or substance abuse barriers
- Services are based on individual preferences
- Community-based jobs reduce stigma through community integration
- Services promote recovery, resiliency, and self-sufficiency
- Gainful employment enhances careers, financial wellness, and asset development
Our individualized benefits counseling and ongoing supports are
essential to your success. We are available to offer you:
- Practical information and advice on how to connect to local resources/services that meet your needs and will lead you to self-sufficiency
- Assistance and support in filling out applications for services such as Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, Social Security Disability Insurance, general healthcare options, housing, utilities, clothing, and food stamps
- Help with the entire employment process, from learning how to fill out employment applications properly and create a resume, to where to look for employment and how to follow-up with employment opportunities
- Computer skills and much more
Overall, we will promote empowerment and personal growth through choice and self-determination by providing information, education, skills development and by offering ongoing support to make you self-sufficient.