Students will rotate through a program of study that will build skill sets in each of following areas:
- Food Preparation Techniques
- ServSafe Training
- Customer Service
- Introduction to Baking
- Nutrition, Short Order Techniques
- Catering and Banquets
- The Basics of Starting a Business
- Food Service Employment
To learn more about our training opportunities
This certification is administered by the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation. Gaining ServSafe certification can create opportunity for advancement in the food service industry.
Effective September 1, 2012, the State of North Carolina adopted the 2009 US FDA food code. This requires that any food service operation must have a recognized “person in charge” that is ServSafe certified on premises during ALL hours of operation. Failure to comply will result in a two-point deduction from the operation’s health inspection grade.
The Cyber Café also offers a variety of classes throughout the year:
- One-Day ServSafe Training
- Basic Knife Skills
- Cooking for the Holidays
- The Cyber Café Lunch and Learn Opportunities – Our most popular!
- At its simplest, a learn at lunch program is a presentation/training/informative event scheduled during the lunch hour. The training is usually less formal and less structured than normal.
There is no charge for the use of our training room with the purchase of a minimum of ten lunch specials.